Need some variation with oatmeal? here is one twisted version if you kinda bored with regular porridge every morning . It is a big plus if we can make smoothie out of it by adding fruits, may be nuts and etc .
This smoothie is open for variation, just be creative with your own favorites! and making sure that all source of fiber, mineral and vitamin are preserved to keep your oatmeal time healthy as possible – from breakfast to supper.
Here is one of my version of oatmeal smoothies whenever I need one full serving of fruits , vegetables and doses for fiber.
Banana Oat Smoothie ( Serve 2 people)
- 3/4 cup rolled oats , soaked in warm water for 15 minutes
- 3 ripe banana, chunked (frozen would be great)
- 1 1/2 Cup rice milk ( or cow milk, soy or orange juice)
- 1 Cup mango nectar ( or more milk or orange juice)
- 1/2 teaspoon honey ( optional)
Put everything in a blender. Blend thoroughly until smooth and completely blended.
- If you have a very small blender, add 2 ingredients at a time.
Serve it as breakfast smoothie , snack or dessert.