Biskut Mazola ( Makes 2 dozen (24 pieces) medium size cookies)
- 1 ¼ cup finely grounded toasted peanuts
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 Tablespoon cornstarch
- ½ cup white sugar ( preferably icing (superfine) sugar)
- ¼ cup nonfat milk powder (optional)
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 200 L canola oil, extra 2-3 tablespoons if needed
- Egg wash (1 large egg yolk + 1 teaspoon fresh milk or water )
- Toasted sesame seeds , for sprinkling (optional)
1- Preheat the oven to 300 F / 150 Celcius. Grease a cookie baking sheet with oil or line parchment paper or silicon mate on.
2- In a large mixing bowl, stir together grounded peanut, all purpose flour, cornstarch , milk powder ( if using) ,sugar, baking soda, baking powder. Mix to well combine.
3- Gradually stir the oil in bit by bit until a firm glossy dough is formed. If the dough is crumbly ( when packed in palm and it falls apart) , add more oil 1 teaspoon at a time.
4- Scope out 1 Tablespoon of the dough, roll into a ball. Repeat with the remaining dough. Place on a prepared baking sheet. You should get 20 – 24 balls . A dough ball should be 1 inch apart from the other balls, the cookie spread slightly.
5- Brush each top with egg wash and sprinkle sesame seeds on it, just before baking.
6- Bake them for 8- 10 minutes or until browned but not burned. The cookie will be slightly fragile to touch right after baked, that’s ok. It gets hardened as cooled completely. Enjoy with your tea or coffee.